Viking ring with Vegvisir symbol and Jormungandr knotwork. Inspired by the well known compass of the Vikings. It features serpent or dragon knotwork on the sides and it is often depicted as the Midgard Serpent, Jormungandr, and a circular series of Runes.
Made of 925 sterling silver with highly detailed design. All of our Viking rings are made of top-quality materials and designed with a lot of creativity and passion.
- Design & Type: Vegvisir Ring With Jormungandr Knotwork
- Gender: Can be worn by Men and Women
- 100% Handmade
- Material: Sterling Silver
- Sizes: #8 to #15
- Frontal width: 1,6 cm or 16 mm
- Weight: 10g - 12g
- Make sure to check our size guide for more accuracy. All of our rings are made to order. Shipment of the ring might take up to 7-10 business days due to the crafting process
Vegvisir is a Viking Symbol that can be found in the Huld manuscript, a collection of spells. It is known as the symbol of Guidance and Protection which is believed to be used as a compass by Vikings during the Viking Age. Made by eight runic staves it represents the cardinal and the intercardinal. Some people believe that a nail placed right in the middle of the Vegvisir would point to directions (through its shadow’s position at certain times of day) and help the Vikings navigate the seas