Viking pendant featuring Vegvisir, encircled by celtic knotwork known as Infinity knot. Our Vegvisir pendant is made out of 925 sterling silver with a very detailed design.
Vegvisir is a Viking Symbol that can be found in the Huld manuscript, a collection of spells. It is known as the symbol of guidance and protection.
- Design & Type: Vegvisir Pendant With Infinity Knotwork
- Gender: Can be worn by both Men and Women
- Material: 925 Sterling Silver
- Diameter: 3,1 cm
- Includes a leather cord of 55 cm
- Can be purchased with 925 sterling silver chain 55 cm
- Delivered in a free gift pouch
Vegvisir is a Viking Symbol that can be found in the Huld manuscript, a collection of spells. It is known as the symbol of Guidance and Protection believed to be used as a compass by Vikings during the Viking Age. Made by eight runic staves it represents the cardinal and the intercardinal. Some people believe that a nail placed right in the middle of the Vegvisir would point to directions (through its shadow’s position at certain times a day) and help the Vikings navigate the seas.