Top-quality Viking belt featuring serrated Viking knots as seen in the original artifact which was found in Gokstad, Norway. This durable replica Viking belt is made from genuine leather strap featuring a belt buckle and an end-strap made of pewter.
The Viking belt is an impressive Viking gift for modern participants in Viking re-enactments and LARP adventures yet its durability makes it ideal for everyday use.
- Design & Type: Leather Viking Belt From Gokstad
- Material: Genuine Leather, Pewter
- Belt Size: 160 cm x 3 cm
- Size of the rivet: 1.5 cm
- Size of the buckle: 3.5 x 4 cm
- Size of the strap-end: 2.3 x 4.8 cm
- Width: 3 cm
- Thickness of leather: 3mm or 0,3 cm
- Historical reproduction of a real belt found in 1890
The belts were a basic part of the Viking outfit and widely spread around 900-1100 AD. Vikings wore belt for various purposes and not only just for tighten their pants but also wore belts around their tunics to secure knives, pouches and other tools. Belt buckles have found in many Viking graves in the Scandinavian lands and most of them are made from leather which was the basic material and 2 cm wide.