Viking pendant with the depiction of Midgard serpent in Urnes style. Our Midgard serpent pendant is a perfect example of Urnes art featuring all the characteristics and elements of the particular style of art.
- Design & Type: Midgard Serpent Pendant
- Gender: Can be worn by men & women
- Material: Silvered bronze
- Pendant size: 3,5 x 2,5 cm
- Cord: A leather cord of 1m is included (without clasp)
Jormungandr or the Midgard Serpent is a sea serpent, the middle child of Angrboda, and Loki. Odin tossed Jormungandr into the great ocean that encircles Midgard. The serpent grew so large that it was able to surround the earth and grasp its own tail. Jormungandr's depiction of grasping his own tail is strongly connected and influenced by the Ouroboros symbol which is an Ancient Greek depiction of a serpent or dragon eating its own tail.